During this project I have collected audience feedback on three separate occasions. The first was done in the form of a focus group during the research stages of my project along with collating qualitative and quantitative data to find out exactly who my target audience is and how I could reach them. This initially was to help discover my target audience and what they expect from the indie rock genre. This is what I found:
This along with much other research into the genre and existing videos I was able to construct a music video of my own with it meeting not only the conventions of the indie rock genre but also the wants from my target audience. Finding out who my target audience were was extremely helpful as it enabled me to find a way to directly contact them through the use of social media. During the mid stages of my project I collected audience feedback through Facebook after uploading the following rough cut on YouTube:
This is the audience feedback that I collected:
From this I took my rough cut and improved it further where I took on board my audience feedback and reacted on it. My final interaction with my audience was when all work was complete, meaning my main product and both ancillary texts were done, I showed them all three finished products then asked them to fill out a short survey on surveymonkey.com. The questions included were as followed:
What is your gender?
Female
Male
What is your age?
Under 16
16-17
18-19
20-21
Over 21
Overall, how well does the music video, digipak and promotional poster meet your expectations compared to that of a professional company?
Extremely well
Very
well
Moderately well
Not so well
Not at all well
How visually appealing is the music video, digipak and promotional poster as a collective?
Extremely appealing
Very appealing
Moderately appealing
Not so appealing
Not at all appealing
What do you like most about the music video, digipak and promotional poster?
Compared to our competitors, is the music video, digipak and promotional poster quality better, worse or about the same?
A great deal better
Quite a bit better
Somewhat better
About the same
Somewhat worse
Quite a bit worse
A great deal worse
If you are not likely to use the product, why not?
Do not need it
Do not want it
Not interested in the genre
Satisfied with competing media currently available
Other (please specify)
In your own words, what are the things that you like most about the music video, digipak and promotional poster?
If this product were available today, how likely would you be to buy it?
Extremely likely
Very likely
Moderately likely
Slightly likely
Not at all likely
Which produce created do you like the best?
Music video
Digipak
Promotional poster
And these are the responses that I received:
This audience feedback has shown me that I have managed to stay on target and complete my tasks to the viewers needs. Everyone who answered the questionnaire was within the age range expected from my previous research at the beginning of my work, meaning that throughout my work I have stayed on track and got appropriate feedback from the correct people that my genre is catered for. Overall they responded positively to my work and are pleased with then results. The majority of comments that I received said how professional and consistent my work was, showing that I have a wide range of skills within media. In conclusion I am happy with how my target audience have responded to my work and confident that should this be a real campaign it would be a successful one.













No comments:
Post a Comment