After looking at the conventions of digipak's in the indie rock genre I have noticed there are many different ways of using images within the item. This can range from photoshoots of the band, silhouettes used in their place and symbols/icons that represent the band. The ideas that I am currently most drawn to are the use of silhouettes and symbols. Although it would be relatively easy to set up a photoshoot with the band I feel like the connotations that come along with the use of silhouettes could be extremely beneficial and will represent my genre in the best way possible whilst sticking to the conventions of indie rock. I will start off by exploring photos and the editing process. I will then look at how to create my own silhouettes and iconography that can link the my genre and band that will be useable for my final product.
The template of design that I have chosen to use is:
.jpg)
For this template I will be needing:
- A front image
- A poster/booklet insert
- 2 inside images, one to go behind CD insert
- Back image
Along with this I will be including the key features that i previously researched.
Promotional poster:
To complement this I will also be creating a promotional poster for my digipak that can be featured in a magazine. I have previously looked into magazines and what they consist of and have identified the features that I need to translate into my own work. In order to make it complimentary of my music video and digipak I will need to keep my current theme running throughout through using consistent colours, images and typography. This will enable the audience to recognise the genre easily and make it more appealing.
Promotional poster:
To complement this I will also be creating a promotional poster for my digipak that can be featured in a magazine. I have previously looked into magazines and what they consist of and have identified the features that I need to translate into my own work. In order to make it complimentary of my music video and digipak I will need to keep my current theme running throughout through using consistent colours, images and typography. This will enable the audience to recognise the genre easily and make it more appealing.
No comments:
Post a Comment