The images I've decided to use were originally screenshots from my music video. I will be using the raw footage and editing them to make them more compatible to my genre using a vary of techniques.
First I started off with choosing an image of each musician in the band which I can develop:
These images are only screenshots from my music video footage however if the rough images I create are appropriate for my final product I will be looking into creating the same effect with official photoshoot images.
I then deleted the backgrounds of the images to enable me to focus on the subject of the image and to possibly add in backgrounds at a later date:
This made it a lot easier to concentrate on adding the effect to particular parts of the image.
I then edited the curves of each photo as the lighting wasn't as I wished it to be in the original images due to the quality of the lighting in the recording studio, if these images do get replicated in an official studio there will be sufficient lighting equipment for me to recreate what i've done here on photoshop in real life:
I then experimented with the black and white effect, starting off with making the entire image black and white and seeing what result this gave:
I was happy with these results but I wanted to experiment further with applying the effect to certain areas.
Then I applied the effect only to the instrument to see what result it would give:
With this being such a success I felt it was only necessary to see how this looked if the effect was applied differently.
Then I reversed this effect to leave only the interments in colour:
All of these images are only a rough example which is why they are not fully finished as further editing would be necessary for the use of the final product. Comparing these to the images I will continue to make I wish to make my final decisions for my product. I like the odd use of colour in some images but still keeping them mostly black and white to stick to the conventions of the indie rock genre.
Silhouettes:
Here I took the images from above but made the members into black silhouettes. I left the instruments as they are as otherwise it can become confusing defining the difference between the person and the prop.
I like the look that theses images give. Compared to the originals edited in black and white I feel like these look more professional and connect with the indie rock genre much more. For this reason I wish to use these in the final stages of my digipak.
For the logo I have created my own instead of using the original band's logo. I have kept to the same retro theme yet interpreted it in my own way.
The original typography:
My typography:






























No comments:
Post a Comment